Welcome to EU-China Shiprecycling
The aim of the project is to improve the sustainability of the ship recycling sector in China.
Emissions from the sector shall be reduced and the ressource efficiency inproved to increase the economic competitiveness of the Chinese ship recycling sector.
This objectives shall be achieved by the:
- Development of guidelines and tools for sustainable ship recycling.
- Implementation of sustainable procedures in 20 (8+12) participating Chinese ship recyclers.
- Assessment of the sustainability of these procedures through a Third Party Inspection System (TPIS).
- Provision of recommendations for regulations and standards (policy dialogue).
- Set-up of a Chinese Shiprecycling Network.
Duration: 01/08/2013 – 31/07/2016
“This project was funded by the European Union within the EU-China Sustainability Programme”
For more information, please visit the homepage of the Delegation of the European Union in China.